In this week’s episode, I speak with an internationally renowned authority in the field of Programme Evaluation, Michael Quinn Patton. We explore his latest book ‘Principles-Focused Evaluation’. We talk:
– Michael’s lessons for others from evaluating high-profile initiatives for billionaire philanthropists and major NGO’s across the globe
– Why knowing the difference between rules and principles matters
– The problem with SMART goals and what to focus on instead
– Campbell’s Law and the issue with high-stakes indicators
– The ‘go slow to go fast principle’ and the importance of trust
Being Human is brought to you by FirstHuman. Click here for more on our offerings.
#71 The Principles-Focused Approach – with Michael Quinn Patton