My guest this week, Nick Bloom, is a fellow Brit and a professor in economics at Stanford. He’s been an prominent researcher in remote working since 2014.
Pre-COVID, only 8% of US employees regularly worked from home. Nick expects this to be 40% in the aftermath of the pandemic, an extraordinary transformation of economic life.
In this episode, we talk:
– What Nick learned studying working from home at ‘China’s Expedia’ Ctrip
– The optimum set-up for home working
– The shape and drivers of inequality in today’s society
– How lockdowns may be driving inequality
– The future for capitalism
To your humanity,
Being Human is brought to you by FirstHuman. Click here for more on our offerings.#118 The Post-COVID Ecomony – Nick Bloom