This week, I speak with Doug Fleener, a business advisor, coach, author, and keynote speaker, also known as The Daily Performance Expert.
As hero’s journey arcs go, Doug takes some beating, from a former addict bankrupting his family business to a successful businessman and coach.
Doug has brilliantly developed the recovery mantras of ‘Keep it in The Day’ and ‘Keep It Simple Stupid’ into a philosophy for life and business.
I personally spent many years in 12-step recovery and benefitted enormously from the ‘wisdom of the rooms’, so this one is close to my heart.
- Waking up after blacking out on a flight to Hawaii
- Bankrupting the family business
- Getting sober and learning to keep it the day
- Applying the principles of recovery to business
- Practising relentless simplicity
Being Human is brought to you by FirstHuman. Click here for more on our offerings.