In this week’s episode of Being Human, I explore the “Music Paradigm” with its creator, the distinguished conductor Roger Nierenberg. Roger takes business people into his orchestra, sitting them next to his musicians to learn how to listen and how to lead. We talk:
– What he means by “leading as listening”
– How to achieve ‘flow’ in an orchestra and how that translates in business
– Why being pitch perfect shouldn’t be the primary goal in music or at work
– The art of the leadership intervention
– His vision for a fusion of the music and business worlds
Being Human is brought to you by FirstHuman. Click here for more on our offerings.