In this episode of Being Human, I speak with former US Army paratrooper and Afghanistan veteran Louis J Fernandez.
The son of Cuban refugees, Louis was determined to fight for his country and signed up to the elite Army Rangers straight after college. His ‘big mouth’ got him in some trouble at Ranger School, but he came through to ultimately become part of the force fighting the Taliban in Eastern Afghanistan.
Louis’ passion for excellent leadership oozes through every minute of this interview and the story of a fire-fight within a year of his first deployment had me gripped.
– How empowered leadership helped a unit of 100 men win against 300 Taliban
– The importance of 1-2-1 conversations for leaders
– What he means by servant leadership
– How leadership training must transform
– How to deal with toxic employees
Be great, Richard
Being Human is brought to you by FirstHuman. Click here for more on our offerings.
#75 Serve to Lead – with Louis J Fernandez