In this episode, I talk with ex-Bomb Disposal Officer and leadership author Ben Sawyer.
Ben has an incredible story. He fulfilled his boyhood dream to be the guy in the big suit walking down the street to defuse the explosive threat. He now works as a Change Manager with one of the largest publishers in the world, The Oxford University Press.
The conversation was so fruitful that we’ve split this into two parts.
In this first part, we talk:
– Checking for bombs under his Dad’s car at seven years old
– The motto at Sandhurst that stayed with him
– The moment he had to break the rules for the greater good
– The critical leadership trait that kept his team safe
– His biggest mistake as a military leader
Being Human is brought to you by FirstHuman. Click here for more on our offerings.#97 Leading Bomb Disposal and Other Stories – Ben Sawyer – part I