My guest for this episode is Tom Szaky. Tom is an extraordinary multi-award-winning entrepreneur who embodies the notion of the purpose-driven enterprise. His company Terracycle is a world leader in offering commercial solutions to fully recycling our products.
From his plant in the middle of one of the most deprived districts in New Jersey, we talk:
– Why for-profit companies beat non-profits in saving the world
– How being purpose-driven leads to negative marketing budgets
– How they have no crime incidents despite their location
– How growing up in communism has made him a better capitalist
– The issue with framing big corporations as evil and how to make them care
Tom’s company – TerraCycle
Being Human is brought to you by FirstHuman. Click here for more on our offerings.