This week’s guest is Jesse Thistle, author of the inspiring debut memoir, From the Ashes.
Abandoned by his parents before becoming a high school dropout, Jesse is now a rising Indigenous scholar. His book charts the story of his life on the streets and how Jesse overcame trauma and addiction to discover the truth about who he is.
- Hiding from the police as a toddler
- Attempting to get killed by his dealer
- Finding redemption in prison
- From undergrad to professor in 7 years
- How recovery happens in loving communities
Jesse’s truly is an incredible story.
Being Human is brought to you by FirstHuman. Click here for more on our offerings.