This week’s guest is Dr. Howard Schubiner, director of the Mind Body Medicine Center at Providence Hospital in Southfield, Michigan and Clinical Professor at Wayne State University School of Medicine.
According to Dr. Schubiner, our chronic pain is often a learned response or association, meaning that we have conditioned ourselves to associate a trigger with a reaction.
Dr. Schubiner suggests that we can “re-wire” our neural circuits to undo this conditioning using his Mind-Body approach.
If you’re suffering from chronic pain or have friends and family that do, Dr. Schubiner is well worth a listen.
- Howard’s conversion to mind-body thinking
- Medicine’s blind spot
- Job satisfaction and back pain
- How forgiveness can heal you physically
- How pain protects us
Resources recommended by Dr. Hubiner:
- The TMS Wiki – for those suffering from Tension Myositis Syndrome
- The Psychophysiologic Disorders Association – dedicated to ending chronic pain
- SIRPA (UK) – providing a cutting edge approach to chronic pain
Being Human is brought to you by FirstHuman. Click here for more on our offerings.