In this episode, I take a deep dive into the culture of the radically decentralised Handelsbanken, with its Global Head of External Affairs, Richard Winder. We talk:
– The story of their transformation in the early 1970s under the incoming CEO Jan Wallander
– How local branches both compete and co-operate
– How a “leftist” mindset has contributed to their success in capitalism
– Their winning formula of high trust and high transparency
– Why Richard’s doing OK without a ‘banker bonus’
Being Human is brought to you by FirstHuman. Click here for more on our offerings.